Mar 19, 2014ELR's Community Involvement
ELR strives to be a part of the engineering community by participating in different organizations and volunteering at events. Recently, Mr. George Maki of ELR Cleveland participated in the 14th Annual Summit County Miniature Bridge Contest where students concentrated their best efforts to build a miniature bridge out of balsa wood. Some of our other involvement efforts include:
- Matt Cornett of ELR Columbus currently serves as Treasurer of Engineers Club of Columbus,
- Ms. Amanda Engle, Project Manager for ELR Columbus, is president and founding member of Engineers Without Borders- Central Professional Chapter, an organization that designs and implements engineering projects in developing countries,
- Peter Narsavage is the Ohio Council President and Website Editor of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) in Ohio,
- Tom Eberhardt is a founding member and currently serves as Membership Chairman of the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association for Bridge Construction and Design (ABCD),
- Kevin White is a Judge for the ASHE Sponsored Award for The Ohio State Science Day,
- Chrissy Waller helps with the Secretary Committee for Women in Transportation (WTS), and also participates in the NAWIC Annual Block Kids event,
- Ms. Ryan Smith is active in the MathCounts Foundation, a program that promotes mathematical achievement and engages students in project-based learning,
ELR also played a part in the Columbus City Schools Project Lead the Way (PLTW), an engineering program which placed high school students in a real-world job atmosphere.
We are a member of ACEC and serve on the Transportation Board as well as the Government Affairs Board, and
We are a Corporate Member of several organizations including: WTS, ABCD, ASCE, ASHE, and are actively involved in Engineers Club.