Apr 10, 2019Meet E.L.R. Founder Ed Robinson
At E.L. Robinson Engineering, we see things differently. To us, civil engineering is not a 9-5 job, but a 24/7 way of seeing the world. Our people bring unique experiences and individual perspectives into every facet of their professional and personal lives. This applies to building a successful civil engineering firm to golf.
Mr. Robinson founded E. L. Robinson Engineering in 1978 with four employees. Under his leadership, E. L. Robinson has really grown and enters the new millennium as a multi-disciplined professional services firm. ELR utilizes the latest technology in the design of added infrastructure, highways, bridges, structures, environmental, civil, and geotechnical projects as well as global position satellite surveying, right-of-way, construction inspections and architectural services.
The firm now employs more than 150 engineers, architects, surveyors and support personnel and has been converted to an employee owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Chairman of WVUIT Advisory Board
- President of West Virginia Council of Consulting Engineers
- Chairman Transportation Committee - WV Association of Consulting Engineers
- State Director of West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers
- President of West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers
- Assistant Treasurer of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Director of the ASCE representing WV, NC, SC and VA
- President of West Virginia Section of ASCE
- West Virginia Section - ASHE - Man of the Year - 2010
- Alumnus of the Year – West Virginia University Institute of Technology, 1992
- Engineer of the Year – West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers, 1997
- Engineer of the Year – American Society of Civil Engineers, 1998
- National Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist – Ernst & Young, 2001
- Engineering Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst & Young, 2001
- Honorary PhD, Doctor of Science – West Virginia Institute of Technology 2002