Civil Engineer/Civil Technician – Experienced - Charleston, WV
E.L. Robinson Engineering Co. is seeking a Civil Engineer or Civil Engineering Technician to join our Charleston, WV office. Previous industry experience is required. This position will be working under direct supervision to support a project team working on multidisciplinary Civil Engineering projects. This position will require application of standard engineering principles and procedures.
Duties include highway engineering, stormwater management and drainage design, cost estimating, and report writing.
Conceptual and final design of roadway, highway, and multi-modal engineering solutions for a variety of transportation-related projects, including development of geometric horizontal and vertical layout, grading and drainage design, and utilities layout.
Preparation and review of roadway design criteria, calculations, drawings, estimates, and specifications.
Development of 3D modeling for conceptual roadway alignments.
Temporary traffic control development.
Constructability development and review.
Typical section development and pavement design.
Preparation of right-of-way and easement plan.
- Interact and learn from junior and senior level technical staff.
- Collect and analyze data obtained from field investigations by creating maps, reports, drawings, and/or other documentation to present to engineers.
- Contribute to writing technical reports, correspondence, and proposals.
- Assist with the administration and coordination of various projects.
- Support development of report writing, calculation packages, and specifications.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
Minimum of 10 years or related engineering experience is required
Knowledge of WVDOH plan preparation requirements and standards.
MUST be proficient in the use of Microstation and OpenRoads.
EIT certification not required, but encouraged.
- Knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals.
- Strong computer and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
E.L. Robinson Engineering is a diversified civil engineering and planning firm with proven performance and established experience. We have successfully and creatively designed and completed top-quality engineering solutions since 1978 in multiple states across the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West.
ELR is committed to providing the highest standard of professional civil engineering expertise. We are an employee-owned company. As an ESOP company, we know that to take care of our clients, we must first take care of our own. ELR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
ELR offers a competitive salary as well as a full suite of benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, 401k with match, paid time off, and company holidays.