Our independent consulting services add value to our client’s decisions-making processes in an everchanging federal, state and local regulatory environment. This enables ELR to provide timely, relevant, cost saving, and effective project execution. ELR becomes part of your team applying our unmatched expertise to your emergency management needs.
Whether partnering you in your disaster response, preparing plans or standard operating procedures, damage assessments, cost estimating, grant management and closeout, hazard mitigation or strategic decision-making, ELR provides effective strategies both public and private clients.
Before a disaster strikes, ELR assists communities in building the tools they need to respond. From Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to Emergency Operation Plans (EOPs), ELR builds strength into your community’s ability to respond to disasters and recovery effectively. ELR also provides planning for:
- Continuity of Government
- Continuity of Operations
- Business Continuity
When a disaster is eminent, ELR can assist your community by augmenting your ESF 3 Engineering staff. At a time when many tasks must be accomplished, there is often not enough resources. ELR can provide:
- Pre-positioning of assessment teams
- Coordination and support for infrastructure risk and vulnerability assessments
- Implementation of structural and nonstructural mitigation measures, including deployment of protective measures, to minimize effects or fully protect resources prior to a disaster.
ELR will help stabilize your community after a disaster through assistance with:
- Restoring operations
- Building back safer and stronger and putting the pieces back together Comprehensive program management and funding expertise, including FEMA grants
- Engineering professionals to successfully see your rebuild project through from beginning to end
- Managing, monitoring, and/or providing technical advice in the demolition and subsequent removal and disposal of buildings and structures.
ELR works with local leadership to focus on the whole community to create resiliency by addressing risk and creating a culture of preparedness. The goal is to motivate your community to protect themselves from the loss of life, property, and prosperity as a result of natural hazards. ELR provides programmatic mitigation services in the areas of:
- Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA)
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- Pre-disaster Mitigation (PMD)
Emergency Disaster Projects
Howard Creek Flood Study, Greenbrier Sporting Club White Sulphur Springs, WV
This study supported an existing land use plan for a high-end development in West Virginia. Using the existing HEC-RAS hydraulic computer model, floodplain encroachments were analyzed to determine impacts on the regulatory floodplain and floodway.
Disaster Recovery Assistance Limited Services Contract, NCDOT Divisions 2, 5, 8, and 12
ELR has been selected to provide NCDOT FEMA Compliance Monitoring & Auditing, Disaster Recovery Planning, Debris Removal Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery Data & Accounting services.
Hurricane Evacuation Services – Peninsula Newport News and Hampton, VA
ELR was selected by VDOT to provide personnel for the purpose of closing the gates on east bound lanes of I-64, between exists 268 and 255, in the event of a hurricane evacuation.
I-70 Mining Project – Emergency Repairs Ohio County, WV
ELR is providing operational, engineering, and administrative guidance during mining to restore I-70 to a 70-mph design speed after mining subsidence. This includes two interstate bridges and the Welcome Center / Rest Area.