North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia
This position will involve performing traffic studies, analysis and/or traffic designs for transportation projects. Assignments will include identifying and developing creative technical solutions and preparing traffic designs, technical reports and presentations. Candidates must have excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills and have the ability to be highly responsive to clients.
Position will be reporting to staff based in our Raleigh, NC office located in the bourgeoning area of North Hills (https://visitnorthhills.com/) or can be based in our offices in Chantilly, Virginia, Columbia, South Carolina, and a planned future office in Charlotte, NC Area.
Project assignments can range from small-scale intersection improvements to complex interchanges and corridors. Specific assignments would include traffic operations modeling, simulations, capacity analysis, safety studies, transportation planning studies, travel demand modeling and forecasting, and design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting.
Our clientele includes a several state transportation agencies including VDOT, NCDOT, WVDOH, ODOT, and SCDOT.
- BSCE or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of traffic engineering experience and/or
- Transportation Planner with a focus on travel demand modeling with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Experience with VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA and/or TransCAD
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting
- Experience working with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with team members
- Professional registration is a plus
- Travel as needed for meetings with the client(s)
- Client service skills are welcomed
ELR recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits including vision and dental, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program. ELR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti- discrimination laws.