E.L. Robinson Engineering Co. is seeking an entry-level or mid-level Project Geologist to join our Charleston, WV office. Professional experience is preferred but not required. This individual should be highly motivated and willing to travel within the state to various project locations.
- Perform site investigation and document field observations.
- Collect and analyze data obtained from field investigations by creating maps, reports, drawings, and/or other documentation to present to engineers.
- Inspection of rock core drilling operations and develop detailed boring logs based on subsurface conditions.
- Identify soil type, rock formations, and geologic structures in order to determine their impacts on the design of civil engineering structures.
- Perform laboratory testing of soil and rock samples where applicable:
- Unconfined Compressive Strength
- Grain Size Distribution (Sieve Analysis)
- Atterberg Limits, etc.
- Perform geologic research of project locations to identify past mining activities, karst topography, or oil and gas exploration.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Geology/Geologic Sciences (preferred) or equivalent (i.e., Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.)
- 0-5 years of work experience in field geology.
- Knowledge of basic geologic principles and West Virginia stratigraphy.
- Strong computer and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Detail oriented with particular attention to note taking.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
E.L. Robinson Engineering is a diversified civil engineering and planning firm with proven performance and established experience. We have successfully and creatively designed and completed top-quality engineering solutions since 1978 in multiple states across the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West.
ELR is committed to providing the highest standard of professional civil engineering expertise. We are an employee-owned company. As an ESOP company, we know that to take care of our clients, we must first take care of our own. ELR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
ELR offers a competitive salary as well as a full suite of benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, 401k with match, paid time off, and company holidays.