Civil Engineer Internship
E.L. Robinson Engineering Co. is seeking a Civil Engineer or Civil Engineering Technician Intern to join our Charleston, WV office. Previous industry experience is a plus, but not required for this entry level position. The intern will be working under direct supervision to support a project team working on multidisciplinary Civil Engineering projects. This individual should be highly motivated and willing to travel within the state to various project locations. This position will require application of standard engineering principles and procedures.
- Interact and learn from junior and senior level technical staff.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data obtained from field investigations by creating maps, reports, drawings and/or other documentation to present to engineers.
- Contribute to writing technical reports, correspondence and proposals.
- Assist with the administration and coordination of various projects.
- Use Civil 3D or MicroStation software to layout roads, bridges, retaining structures, drainage and utility systems as well as site grading and earthwork designs.
- Apply understanding of all phases of the planning, design and construction process.
- Support development of report writing, calculation packages and specifications.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required; 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals.
- Strong computer and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D CAD software and MicroStation is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
E.L. Robinson Engineering Co. is a diversified civil engineering and planning firm with proven performance and established experience. We have successfully and creatively designed and completed top-quality engineering solutions since 1978 in multiple states across the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West.
ELR is committed to providing the highest standard of professional civil engineering expertise. We are an employee-owned company. As an ESOP company, we know that to take care of our clients we must first take care of our own. ELR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.