Location: Montgomery County, Ohio
Client: Ohio Department of Transportation, District 7
- Transportation Engineering
E.L. Robinson Engineering has been retained by ODOT, District 7 to provide preliminary development and final design plans for the rehabilitation of 2.90 miles of the US 35 expressway on the east side of Dayton. The rehabilitation includes:
• Addition of a third through lane in each direction.
• Full depth removal and replacement of existing pavement.
• Replacement/rehabilitation of five overpass and three underpass bridges.
• Redesign of the Smithville Road interchange, including elimination of the flyover ramp and correction of the deficient acceleration and deceleration lane lengths.
• Redesign of the Woodman Interchange, including correction of the deficient acceleration and deceleration lane lengths. Potential designs include a traditional diamond design or a Single Point Urban Interchange (SPUI).
• Modifications to the Dayton - Xenia Road partial interchange.