Location: Gassaway, West Virginia, Braxton County
Client: West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
E.L. Robinson Engineering was hired by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways to prepare the engineering designs, construction plans and specifications for the Lower Gassaway Bridge located in Braxton County, West Virginia. Along with structural design, this project included geotechnical investigations and hydraulic studies.
The Lower Gassaway Bridge:
- Composite welded steel plate girder 81' deep on semi-integral abutments on drilled shafts and hammered piers
- Single circular columns 63.8' high, supported by deep spread footings.
- Width of the Lower Gassaway Bridge 35.3 feet (out to out)
- Length approximately 450' (c/c bearings)
- Total of three (3) spans on the bridge, the longest span length being 200 feet.
- Total estimated cost of the Lower Gassaway Bridge $2,230,000.